|Cost||90 Logistics, 4800 Metal, 2000 Radioactives, 400 seconds|
The Retributor is a dreadnought class ship for the Substrate.
Assault Dreadnought - Tough Dreadnought that can annihilate large armies of cruisers and frigates.
- 1 Background
- 2 Weapon Specs
- 3 Dreadnought Upgrades
- 3.1 Instant Repair - Single Use Effect
- 3.2 Backup Generator - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
- 3.3 Nano-Reinforced Armor - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
- 3.4 Havoc - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 3
- 3.5 Targeting Computer - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
- 3.6 Energy Transfer - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
- 3.7 Inertial Dampeners - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 3
- 4 Game Usage
This assault dreadnought is an offense-minded heavy ship with a variety of weaponry. It boasts 4 Particle Beam Cannons that unleash devastating streams of charged particles to tear apart enemies, while its 6 light Plasma Cannons are excellent as a medium-range all-purpose air/ground defensive weapon.
Particle Beam Cannon [x4]
Devastating stream of charged particles tears apart enemies in front of the Retributor.
- 343 DPS per unit
- 700 meters range
Light Plasma Cannon [x6]
Medium-range-all-purpose air/ground defensive weapon.
- 96 DPS per unit
- 400 meters range
Instant Repair - Single Use Effect
Immediately restores 5000 health to the Dreadnought by deploying a cloud of short-lived nanites.
Backup Generator - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
Increases maximum shield capacity by 50% with an auxiliary reactor.
- Increase the Retributor shield to 16500.
Nano-Reinforced Armor - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
Adds Heavy Armor (+20% armor) to the Dreadnought by reinforcing the hull on the molecular level.
- Requires 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
- Increase the Retributor armor to 80%.
Havoc - 1st Tech Path Upgrade Level 3
Emergency weapons protocol lets the Dreadnought overcharge its weapons in a terrible display of power.
- Requires Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
An emergency short-range targeting protocol for the Dreadnought's weapon systems which obliterates encroaching enemies.
- 191 DPS per unit
- 500 meters range
- Area Effect Weapon
- Long Recharge
Targeting Computer - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
Increases the entire army's rate of fire by 25% by slaving lesser units' targeting routines to the Dreadnought.
- Army aura that increases attack speed by 25%
Energy Transfer - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
Strengthens the entire army's damage by 10% by applying theoretical physics principles to all weapon systems.
- Requires 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 1
- Army aura that increases damage dealt by 10%
Inertial Dampeners - 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 3
Speeds the entire army's movement by 20% by increasing stress tolerance of hull superstructures.
- Requires 2nd Tech Path Upgrade Level 2
- Army aura that increases movement speed by 20%
- Similar to the Hyperion, the Retributor can be treated as a tier 3 combined version of Avenger and Mauler. However, the Retributor have stronger DPS in exchange for weaker durability due to not having the Self-Sealing Hull upgrade. Instead, the Retributor possesses very offensive-oriented upgrades and arguably the strongest set of army auras in the game (Targeting Computer - 25% attack speed, Energy Transfer - 10% damage and Inertial Dampeners - 20% movement speed), making an army led by a Retributor extremely dangerous if it has acquired high levels.
- Similar to most Dreadnoughts, the Retributor requires anti-air support. However, once the army auras upgrades are acquired, the supporting anti-air can pose even greater threat than proper anti-air fighters or even the Overmind, which makes the Retributor a very tempting choice, with the only obstacle being how to gain enough experience to acquire the upgrades.
- Being slightly different to the Hyperion, the Retributor deals with cruisers / frigates army by having a tier 3 unit durability (although much less impressive than the Hyperion) and a very strong powerhouse DPS weaponry instead. Approaching a Retributor with a cruisers army guarantees to incur serious cruisers losses. It's usually advised to have a leading Dreadnought so that the weaponry targeting priority of the Retributor is forced to attack the Dreadnought (not entirely) to help lessen the casualties.
- It's very important to take favorable engagements as much as possible with the Retributor, as being able to acquire at least 2 of the 3 army auras make the Retributor army extremely valuable, and cause the opponent having to invest in serious counter measure, most recommended being a Prometheus or Savager, to quickly destroy the Retributor and thus, removing the army auras.
- The most exploitable weakness of the Retributor is its position being the leader of the army at the front. This allows itself to be blown up by Nemesis-heavy armies and/or Eradicators/Heras-heavy armies before its trailing army can start to mobilize.