|Cost||40 Logistics, 700 Metal, 400 Radioactives, 70 seconds|
The Charon is a cruiser class ship for the Post-Human Coalition.
Mixing a Charon into an army allows reinforcements to be teleported directly onto the field.
The Charon allows for units to be teleported directly to its location, providing instant reinforcements for any army. Its heavy armor absorbs up to 80% of incoming damage, which allows for durability in the field. It is also armed with 8 modest Charon MK-1 Autocannons, allowing for some additional firepower.
Charon MK-I Autocannon [x8]
Standard PHC projectile weapon that fires explosive shells at nearby enemy targets.
- 43 DPS per unit
- 300 meters range
- The Charon is the PHC equivalent version of the Substrate orbital ability Nano-Transport. This has some pros and cons to it:
- The Charon suffers no Orbital Ability quanta cost ramp up and can be produced as long as you have the resources, unlike the Nano-Transport orbital, which suffers from cost ramping up through the number of usage.
- The Charon suffers from the duration to build it and move it to the desired destination, unlike the Nano-Transport orbital, which is instant.
- The Charon is a cruiser, which is susceptible to most weaponry targeting. Once it dies, the teleportation will stop working.
- A common misconception with the Charon is that it has to be moved to the desired destination by the player. This can be negated by dropping an Engineer Drop or Call Sapper orbital abilities and use the Engineer or Sapper to build an Armory nearby the desired destination. The build time would still be incurred, however, the travel distance is greatly reduced. Other than that, the Charon doesn't actually need to be at the destination as long as the leader of the army is already at the destination. The Charon would then, only need to be included in the army for the teleportation functionality to work.