Ashes of the Singularity keeps getting better. Additional content has been made available since the game's release. All downloadable content (DLC) require Ashes of the Singularity (sold separately) to play.
The ultimate manifestation of the Substrate’s technological superiority, the Eye of Darkness is capable of rupturing the fabric of space and time to destabilize targets at the molecular level. Its full armor-piercing and high area-of-effect attacks make this warship devastating for ground targets. However, be alert: it is the only Juggernaut that lacks any anti-air weaponry, which means that a well-timed slew of bombers could take it down if you don’t plan the accompanying army carefully.
Hunter / Prey DLC
Expand your strategic options, wield devastating new units, and turtle up with some fierce new defenses in Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation - Hunter / Prey.
- New Substrate Units
- Clutch of Eggs - Dozens of enemies for the price of one! When destroyed, this mechanical spiderbot overwhelms its enemies with a horde of hatchlings.
- Hatchlings - So. Many. Spiders. These quick moving skittering swarms emerge from destroyed spiderbot eggs and can wreak havoc on an unprepared enemy.
- Scarab - Slow but hardy, this powerful frigate is perfect for overwhelming enemies with slow-firing, single-target weaponry.
- Heart of the Phoenix - Decimate your enemies with dozens of missiles and a static charge meant to disable nearby units! True to its name, this Juggernaut will regenerate once it’s killed unless the chrysalis it produces is destroyed within a certain time limit.
- Falling Star - Watch out for the electromagnetic pulse. This disruption cruiser will temporarily disable an enemy’s base defenses when it’s destroyed within range.
- Skirmisher - Harass your enemies with this quick-moving cruiser. It engages well against incoming artillery and its speed allows it to out-maneuver most enemies.
- New Substrate Structures
- Auxiliary Assembly - This new building produces all of the new units, except for the Heart of the Phoenix, which can be built in the Advanced Assembly.
- New PHC Defenses
- Shotgun Turret - Upgraded from the orbitally deployed Emergency Turret, this new defensive building deals massive damage, but has a short range.
- Machine Gun Turret - Versatility is key! Although it isn’t an especially heavy hitter, this turret handles both airborne and ground threats very well.
- Minos Cannon - Mind the lengthy cooldown. It may take some time between shots, but this costly cannon is the ultimate in anti-dreadnought and anti-juggernaut defense.
- Nova Tower - Shields up? No problem! Although it deals no hull damage, this bombardment tower provides heavy shield damage in a wide area.
- Battery Tower - Need a boost? This tower increases the damage of all other nearby defenses and units by 15%. Be careful, though - it’s fragile and vulnerable to attack.
- Stasis Hammer - Stop - hammer time! This long range defense deals no damage, but can slow an enemy onslaught by stunning its target for several seconds at a time.
- New Scenario: Hunter and Prey
- Haalee and her Substrate army have designated a new world for themselves as part of their plans for expansion, but there’s just one problem: that planet is already occupied. Following Haalee’s directives, you must guide the Substrate to victory against the PHC. Although you’re outnumbered and the post-humans are deeply entrenched with some devastating new defenses, the latest in Substrate technology is at your disposal.
Secret Missions DLC
Exciting new scenarios, new units, and huge maps await you in Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation’s largest DLC yet! Take on the role of a PHC leader and conquer dangerous missions where the odds are stacked against you, or join with the Substrate to repel your PHC oppressors. Engage your enemies on huge new maps, conquer one of the new scenario challenges, and more.
- New Units
- PHC Atlas - This anti-air, anti-drone frigate is an excellent line of defense against Drone Hives. Since it only costs metal and doesn’t require radioactives, the Atlas is a less powerful, but inexpensive, alternative to the Apollo cruiser.
- Substrate Tormentor - This indirect fire frigate is capable of saturating an area with artillery shells, causing damage to anything in its radius of attack. Although it lacks accuracy and direct single target damage, the Tormentor is at its most powerful against groups of units rather than structures.
- New Scenarios
- Ascension - The Substrate have developed a prototype experimental Eye of Darkness. Build up your defenses and survive the onslaught of your enemy in order to destroy the weapon before it wipes you out.
- Battleline - A large Substrate army looms across the map, just waiting to attack. Your base is established and ready to go; now, you only need to push out strong units, maintain your resource levels, and survive.
- Carnage [PHC] - You’re ready to make your last stand against the massive Substrate army. In the biggest scenario to date, face down 7 enemy opponents while also helping your 6 allies stay alive long enough for you to claim victory.
- Carnage [Substrate] - You’re ready to make your last stand against the massive PHC army. In the biggest scenario to date, face down 7 enemy opponents while also helping your 6 allies stay alive long enough for you to claim victory.
- Deadlock - The Substrate are making huge pushes toward capturing valuable Turinium mines. Build up your forces and fight off the enemy before they reach critical mass or overrun you.
- Entropy - The members of the Post Human Coalition are attempting to overrun your Substrate base before you gain a critical mass of Turinium. Hold them off at all costs.
- Incursion - The PHC have launched an attack on Substrate territory. You have the initiative, but there’s no one around to help you - you will have to defeat them on your own.
- Influx - Ventrix has tainted the name of the PHC for long enough. Overcome the scarcity of resources and take him out with vicious orbital attacks.
- New Maps
- Battleline - Medium 1v1 map
- Entropy - Large asymmetric 1v3 map
- Osiris 5 - Large 2v2 with limited choke points through the center
- Pallavia - Medium 2v2 with limited choke points through the center
- Battleline Frenzy - Medium, single lane 4v4 for combined defenses and huge clashes of forces
- Galatea - Large symmetrical 10 player map designed for standard 5v5 games
- Caldera - Large symmetrical 12 player map designed for standard 6v6 games
- Nashira - Enormous symmetrical 14 player map designed for standard 7v7 games
Pummel your enemies into submission with brand new, heavy-hitting Juggernauts! These massive warships may be expensive to make, but they have the potential to dominate the battlefield and turn the tide of a war quickly. Even just one of them can devastate an entire field of units before backup arrives.
The Juggernaut DLC comes with a brand new juggernaut for both the PHC and the Substrate. Each warship is unique and complements the units that are already in the game for a more well-rounded army.
- New Juggernaut: PHC Agamemnon - Designed to annihilate swarms of enemy units and overrun defensive positions, the Agamemnon has the potential to hold territory against waves of enemies for long periods of time. With two rapid-firing laser batteries and tempest missile salvos, the Agamemnon can saturate a wide area with highly explosive shells. Advanced triple-barrel autocannons provide improved defense against air units, but take care when you deploy this ship - it lacks the armor piercing capabilities to be effective against other juggernauts or dreadnought destroyers.
- New Juggernaut: Substrate Eye of Darkness - The ultimate manifestation of the Substrate’s technological superiority, the Eye of Darkness is capable of rupturing the fabric of space and time to destabilize targets at the molecular level. Its full armor-piercing and high area-of-effect attacks make this warship devastating for ground targets. However, be alert: it is the only Juggernaut that lacks any anti-air weaponry, which means that a well-timed slew of bombers could take it down if you don’t plan the accompanying army carefully.
Co-Op Map Pack DLC
Grab a friend (or two or three!) for some epic battles on 9 brand new maps designed specifically for cooperative play. Spawn points are placed to keep teammates close together to allow for combined attacks and strategies.
- Delta Serpentis - Step into complete chaos in this medium-sized 4v4 arena. Navigate carefully around terrain, but be careful - defenses could be waiting to ambush you at every turn.
- Gamma Draconis - If you like fast-paced and aggressive, this 2v2 desert map is for you. Combine efforts with your teammate for a deadly push through the map’s center, or favor a more devious approach by focusing your enemy’s flanks.
- Leporis - Build up an economy and grow your army before facing down your opponents. Built for 4 players (2v2) and to give plenty of breathing room, the battles on this map will be large and epic.
- Mirach - Choose your paths carefully on this medium-sized 2v2 desert map. Large mountains and a wide basin limits movement, so you’ll have to plan ahead in order to get the drop on your enemy before they get the drop on you.
- Merga - This long and narrow 3v3 map is surrounded by lava. Strategize carefully about whether or not you want to duel with your lane opponent, or combine attacks with your teammates for a decisive push.
- Rigel - A turtler’s dream, this medium 2v2 map has only a single pathway through its center. You’ll need to concentrate all of your efforts onto the central killing field in order to be successful.
- Ross 128 - Narrow choke points and multiple pathways across this small 2v2 map make for different strategies and attack paths. If you’re quick, you can lock down sections of the map and create some serious roadblocks for your opponents.
- Talitha - For players who like huge, long battles with two team mates, Talitha features a wide open battlefield on the desert lowground and is the biggest 3v3 map to date.
- Trappist - Designed for 3v3, but playable in many other game modes, the center of this medium-sized map contains a massive stockpile of resources. You’ll have to move quickly to prevent it from falling into your enemy’s hands.
Choose your story in "Inception," the first split-faction scenario in Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation. A mysterious entity known as Nihilon has returned to wreak havoc on the planet Oneiros and has seized control of some of the Substrate consciousnesses residing there. As the Substrate, you must rescue your corrupted brethren and find out what Nihilon has done - as the PHC, your only concern is neutralizing both threats entirely. Which battle will you fight?
The Inception DLC also adds a new variety of maps perfect for facing down hordes of computer adversaries or engaging online in some brawls with friends.
- Inception - This split scenario lets you choose which faction to play as! An entity known as Nihilon is back and has corrupted all consciousnesses on the planet of Oneiros. Lead the rest of the Substrate into the fray to learn what Nihilon has done to your corrupted brethren, or command the PHC to destroy both the corrupted Substrate entities and Nihilon once and for all. The outcome of the scenario changes based on which faction you choose; play them both to get the full story.
- Oneiros - Wage war with up to 7 players on this unusual planet. With a strong central starting position, resource-rich but vulnerable north and south positions, and four isolated corner starts, this map is great for a tight free-for-all match.
- Bayern - This symmetrical Terran map supports up to 3 players. Each starting location is vulnerable from one direction and the massive metal deposits in the middle of the map are enough to lure even your toughest turtler out of isolation.
- Brasil - This large 10 player ice map challenges you to defend your starting area while you try to make your way to the astoundingly rich central valley without falling victim to your opponent’s attacks.
- Polska - Up to 5 players can brawl on this desert map with strategically critical hills that command the passages between regions.
Turtle Wars DLC
Bunker down and turtle up - it’s time for war! This new DLC pack for Stardock’s massive RTS features new unique gameplay scenarios and new maps to keep your skirmishes fresh. Prepare your defenses for any punches your enemies throw at you and be ready to launch a devastating counterstrike to seal your victory in Turtle Wars.
- Implosion - Race against three enemies to be the first to crack the defenses of a crashed Post-Human and their experimental Turinium Generator.
- Eruption - Cut off from your factories, you must command a single Hyperion Dreadnought and a scattering of defensive structures to turn the tides of battle.
- Mountaintop - Exploit your resource-heavy advantage and create massive forces to climb the mountain to the enemy entrenchment and wipe them out.
- Turtle Wars - Hold off the frigates swarming from indestructible factories and survive the siege. Reprogram the factories to your advantage before the enemy crosses the mountain and finishes you off.
- Crack the Shell - Hold the high ground and the Turinium against your enemies in this asymmetrical 3-player map, best for 2v1 matches.
- Turtle Wars - Enjoy a longer duel with your enemy on this epic-scale 2-player map. The open landscape with select chokepoints encourages huge armies and larger battles.
- Eruption - Choose your path wisely - one leads to the lone Turinium Generator, the other to resources in this small 2-player map.
- Implosion - One valley with an abundance of resources stands at the center of this large, asymmetrical map fit for a 4-player free for all with huge armies.
The war for control continues in Gauntlet! Featuring a new single-player scenario and some new maps for multiplayer, Gauntlet will have you beating your foes into submission in one exciting battle after the next.
- Gauntlet - Two Substrate entities are fighting an ongoing war with tremendous armies you can’t possibly hope to match. Can you somehow cross the battlefront to capture - and hold - the lone Turinium Generator in the far north?
- Tanuk - Enjoy this medium sized and symmetrical map, great for free for all, a 3-team split, or 3 player rumble! This intense map can host up to 6 players.
- Nightshade - Join up with some teammates for a classic compstop on this large 4-player map, or take on 3 foes by yourself from a strong vantage point.
- Frontier - Challenge yourself against your friends or the AI in this large, 5-player ice map. A single player starts in the middle on top of a winding plateau and must fend off the surrounding enemies who are mounting up to strike.
- Hammer of the Gods - Duke it out for the tempting Turinium Generator in the center of the battlefield or seize control of all of the resource-rich basins on the edges of your territory in this 4-player map, great for free-for-all or 2v2 skirmishes.
- Delphi - Set up your defenses on one of the plateaus dotting this small, 4-player map. Great for free-for-all or team matches, the generators and resources spread around will be sure to draw any turtles out of their shells.
Unite the forces of the Post-Human Coalition and the Substrate and conquer your foes in exciting new single-player scenarios that will test your strategy and skill. Then, for some multiplayer excitement, explore new maps that range from 2 player skirmishes all the way up to large, 6-player rumbles.
- Overlord - An overpowering Substrate entity controls the only Turinium Generator on the map. The PHC has managed to hack one of the Substrate’s assemblies, allowing you to build their units in addition to your own. Can you and your two AI allies smash through the enemy’s defenses before the planetary conversion is complete?
- Assault - Massive waves of enemy frigates are flooding and controlling the world of Pythos. Combining your PHC forces with hacked Substrate forces - including a powerful Avatar unit - you will need to fight to turn the tables and take back the world.
- Fast and Furious - Get right to the combat in this small, fast 2-player map.
- Dread Valley - Capture the generators and seize control in this small, open area 4-player map.
- Slow and Steady - Team up and conquer your foes in this large, 6-player map ideal for 3v3 matches.
- Assault - Enjoy an epic 1v1 match on this asymmetrical map from the Assault scenario.
- Scavenger - If you feel like an old-fashioned ‘comp stomp’, this map from the Overlord scenario is great for a 3v1 setup.
- Frozen Wastes - Resources are scarce and there’s a giant mountain in the way that you must conquer in this small, 4-player map.
Epic Map Pack DLC
Grab your friends - and your enemies - for some matches of epic proportions on these new, large-sized maps! Holding between 4 and 6 players, each map provides exciting opportunities for free-for-all matches, large team matches, and more. The new scenario will leave you fighting for a planet’s control against the enemy Substrate in order to hold onto your fortified plateau long enough to seize victory.
- Against all Odds - Intruder, alert! You’ve hacked your way into the Nexus that controls both Turinium generators on the planet Qoshyk, but the 4 Substrate entities controlling the planet are now aware of your presence. Mac has subverted the nearby Substrate Guardian and the automated construct swarms are being held in check for now, but how long will that last?
- Anishanaa: This 6-player map contains isolated starting regions that funnel into epic battles along the map’s equator.
- Kursck: Keep your enemies out and your armies flowing by building up defenses on this large, radially symmetrical map.
- Pinwheel: Endlessly turning one before the other, don’t become too focused on the fight in front of you - the fight from behind will sneak up sooner than you realize.
- Qoshyk: Two central starting points share a resource-rich plateau. The four outer players must break through to seize the resources - and the Turinium - that are guarded within.
- Safeire: Choose different teams and starting locations to change the way this map plays. Choosing an Eastern or Western starting point makes for a slower and more expansive game while selecting a Northern or Southern starting point will make for more immediate conflicts.
- Xenophile: All four Nexuses start in the middle, separated only by thin chasms. Expand out into the fields to claim all of the resources before your enemies do and seal the victory.
The Post Human Coalition and the Substrate continue to fight for control of worlds across the galaxy as the PHC looks to expand their reach. Crush your enemies and conquer a variety of new maps, or face down an unexpected and powerful enemy in the new Oblivion scenario.
- Oblivion: A powerful Substrate entity driven mad with power emerges and has turned against even its own kind. With the assistance of your PHC ally, Valen, you must capture and hold the hidden generators in order to call in enough air support to end Nihilon’s threat. Hurry; you don’t have much time before it smashes its way through its former Substrate allies and crushes your base.
- Barcia - This tiny four-player map is perfectly suited for a 2v2 quickie over lunch.
- Caneghem - Navigate the barren lowlands to claim the concentrated resources on the plateaus of this small, four-player map.
- Crawford - Fast and intense 2v2v2 (or 1v1v1) matches await on this medium, six-player map.
- Karnold - Go 4v1 (or 1v4) on this tight, asymmetrical medium map - or try an unusual, but even, 2v2 setup.
- Sirotek - Two starting locations in the center of this canyon maze are exposed to attack, but command massive resources in this small 3v3-optimized map.
- Walbright - Massive formations clash on the isolated plateaus of this large and resource-rich two-player map.